April asked in Games & RecreationGambling · 9 months ago

Not id d for scratch offs but for cigarettes?

I ve had it happen to me so often I go to a gas station, buy scratch off games, and the clerk never asks for my Id. Then I ll ask for cigarettes after already paying for my scratch offs and the same clerk tries to ask me for my Id. Normally I always have my id on me but today I forgot it at home. I m gonna go grab it, but it really frustrates me that the salesperson could care less about how old I am when they sell me scratch offs vs cigarettes. Has this ever happened to anyone else? How did you go about it?

• opurt

The fines for selling somebody cigarettes while underage are very high. The fines for selling somebody a lottery ticket underage are almost non-existent. That's why they strongly check one over the other.

I got around the ID requirements by quitting smoking and then being old enough that it didn't matter. But it comes down to making sure you've got your ID because you're going to get asked until you look way past old enough.

you probably dont need an id for scratch tickets