Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesPerforming Arts · 9 months ago

Is this a good starting guitar?

i’m 16 male and want to learn how to play the electric guitar :)...i went into a local music shop and my dad put down half of the price and i have to come up with 120 for the rest, does anyone know if this was a good choice for my first guitar?? (i got to hold it and it felt AMAZING)

————

https://www.altomusic.com/squier-stratocaster-elec...

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 months ago

Sounds good. If you held it in your arms and that oxytocin kicked in , that’s a good sign. You’ll be a good ‘dad’ to that guitar. It will become your best friend in some ways

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Emdog
    Lv 6
    9 months ago

I imagine it didn't include a set up at that price point. If you have the money, have tech do it. If you don't, there are plenty of set up vids on youtube. Watch lots of them. Even Joe Walsh made one.

Also read up on set ups. Strats are not easy to screw up irreparably, but do be careful with truss rod

have fun, learn things

• 9 months ago

That should do just fine.

Source(s): Playing guitar for 57 years
  • 9 months ago

It's a fine choice to get you started. Squier guitars are good quality for the money. The amp is the weak part of the package, but is sufficient for practicing the basics....which is exactly what you will (or should) be using it for. There will be plenty of time to think about upgrading after you learn to play.

• Lv 4
      9 months agoReport

good answer; also, the link indicates its out of stock, so maybe check that the place actually has it, and look all of the parts over for possible defects, & test it at the store to be sure it works before completing the transaction

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 9 months ago

Yep. It's a good starter pack. Enjoy!

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.