Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelTravel (General)Health & Safety · 9 months ago

Should I still go to the ER even though I don’t feel I’ll anymore?

For more than a week I’ve been feeling like absolute garbage. I’ve been sick with a cold for over 2 weeks in the middle of summer where it doesn’t even go under 75 degrees. I’ve been sick with the chills, a fever and not eating for days because I feel nauseated as soon as I bit into anything. I soon came to realize I was really dehydrated and though I was drinking water. My tongue was almost completely white. I started drinking Gatorade, water and sleeping all day until I started feeling better. A few days later I started to feel better until then I couldn’t barely stand up or walk. Every time I stood up there was a real bad pain in my legs and arms to the point I couldn’t brush my teeth standing up and taking a bath so I can sit down when I normally take showers. This pain has been coming and going and I don’t want to go just for them to say something like I should walk more. Idk what I should do none of this has never happened before. So I’m wondering if it’s even a point in going since I feel perfectly fine for now? Should I go just Incase.

Make an appointment with your regular doctor before this becomes the kind of life or death emergency ERs are meant for.

Do you do yearly checkups? You should be doing at least that. I'd listen to your gut and not your emotions of what you feel liike doing. If you feel like something is wrong them get seen.

What I do know is that the mind and the body is one terrific thing. You can adapt to sickness to the point where you think its a way of life. Perhaps that's what you've done. If there is still aches and pains and you are brushing it off, it's not good.

It seems like you are deeply wondering, wondering can lead to talking yourself into getting worse. Just get checked out to ease your mind. If you are fine in the end, then you will can will yourself into wellness by just knowing you check out good.

• Robert

Sounds like a bad cold to me. They can come in any season at any temperature. Colds are virus and no related to good or bad weather.