Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsOther - Electronics · 6 months ago

What type of plug is this?

What kind of plug is this one in the middle? I'm sure the other two plugs are for mono and video RCA

https://66.media.tumblr.com/56c237dffad535e3ad307d...

Update:

It can't be a 3.5mm jack. For further reference, it's some kind of power plug for an old late 70s VHS camera I found, I'm just trying to find out what type it is

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

The middle plug is actually a socket and it looks like a jack socket, possibly 2.5 or 3.5mm, usually used for an audio connection like headphones or an auxiliary audio input/output. It could be stereo or mono.

• 6 months ago

RCA plugs to 1/8" stereo jack

• 6 months ago

For what it's worth, sometimes something one cannot make sense of is ground, and there are grounding lugs on some equipment.

I associate VHS cameras with the late 80s rather than the late 70s, but if you're correct, perhaps the three in your photo are audio, video, and power; there was once linear stereo instead of hi-fi stereo for VHS, though, so they may be two audio channels instead.

I don't know enough about Betamax to know without research whether the connectors appeared different.

• Who
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

why cant it be a 3.5mm jack socket (mono)?

and why have you assumed its some kind of power plug (and the centre of the photo certainly aint a plug)?

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Tony B
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

It's not a plug, it's a socket. I'd say it was. 3.5mm jack socket.

• 6 months ago

It's a female TRS stereo patchcord to RCA plugs. You can plug what they call an "AUX cord" into it and plug the RCA side into a component that uses such..

• 6 months ago

Middle plug should be an 1/8 inch stereo/mono headphone plug. The remaining two look like regular RCA jacks (which are mono - right and left)

• M.
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

You have "plug" and "jack" backward.
      A male connector is a plug.
      A female connector is a jack.

1/8" headphone jack. Yes.
      2 RCA plugs. Yes.

• 6 months ago

Your picture Absolutely SUCKS.

Why didn't you take a better one?

As for the connector in question, it Must be one of these:

> 3,5 mm (1/8") jack

> 2,5 mm (3/32") jack

> small DC power socket (there are over 50 different sizes,

so don't ask anyone to guess exactly what size it might be!)

• 6 months ago

The middle one is a 3.5mm jack. the other two are RCA plugs. In audio use, the red plug is generally for the right channel, left is white or black.

• 6 months ago

looks like it could be a female 3.5mm jack socket

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.