Why do some 208 Jeep wranglers look like the 2017 version?

So I’ve been searching for a Jeep and I found a 2018 jk unlimited Sahara wrangler, but everything about it, from the headlights to the interior looks just like the 2017 model instead. It looks like they took a 2017 and just placed the 2018 on it as the name.

I’ve done some searching and there are a lot of other models that look like 2017’s even though they are being listed as the 2010 year. Why is this? Is this something that Jeep normally does? Is this normal?

I found this very weird because the interior looks nothing like the 2018 model even though they are calling it the 2018, here I am talking about one I saw in person and found on cars.com. I saw a 2018 Jeep Wrangler jk unlimited Sahara, and it literally looks like a 2017 mode instead, but the Carfax says 2018 on it. What is going on? Anyone have Jeep friends or is a Jeep person who would know?

Thanks! I will also post a pic of the Jeep that I saw that says it is a 2018 even though it looks like a 2017.

The Wrangler had the same build (JK) from 2006-2018.

However, in 2018 (and still now in 2019+), the new Wrangler (JL) was introduced.

So, in 2018, Jeep made both the JK and the JL. If you were looking at a 2018, you may be confusing the 2 different Wrangler models available that year (only).

All JK's look the same, aside from very minor changes that varied year to year.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeep_Wrangler#JK_(20...

rghrstg45tg34ted23e

Because some are JK's and some are JL's.

Saw an article last week (think it was in Wards) that after selling like hot-cakes for years, sales of Wranglers - especially the Unlimited - tanked . . . . . and dealers are overstocked with 2019s, 2018s and still some 2017s, You SHOULD be able to get a good deal on a leftover as Chrysler-Fiat is giving the dealers huge incentives/rebates . . . . . am sure some dealers will try to pass-off as newer models than they are. Check to see the invoice/window sticker to see when it was made.

The 2018 wrangler still looks the same as the 1998 wrangler, which never really changed much from the 1968 wrangler

• Ron

After all that rambling, what's your point? Did you think manufacturers change the looks of a car from year to year? Please tell me you aren't that ignorant.

• FarKenHall

Especially jeep making changes