Christians, why do you trust that the authors of the Bible were inspired by God?

There are over 40,authors of the Bible who lived over 2,000 years ago and the authors of the gospels were anonymous men who weren't even eyewitness's to the supposupposed miracles that Christ performed.

Why do you put your trust in the men who wrote the Bible which is an extremely contradictory and imperfect book? I think that many of you have not bothered to question why since you so blindly believe what preachers tell you like a bunch of sheep.

By reciting the rosary each day with care, a person can know many truths about God and the Bible.

There are what is called "internal evidences" concerning the period and hence the accuracy of the texts. It has to do with "titles" of persons and "names" of places. If one were to take the time to investigate even the concept of internal evidences it might get you to at lease question the validity of your argument.

To give an example-

Millcreek WV was at one time called "Dog Town". If a letter reported the person was in Millcreek WV at a date when the location was called Dog Town, the letter could be rejected based on internal evidence. But if a letter stated the person was in Dog Town WV a person today might not even be able to find the place and reject the letter as being fiction.

Much of the scriptures at one time were ruled as fiction because the places could not be identified or found. Now that they have been found it proves the scriptures true. Because no one changed the name to fit a later knowledge base supports the premise that it is in fact as old as the information it claims to address.

So yes I question my teachers and you should question yours too because they are not telling you the full truth.

I trust they were inspired by God because the Bible IS so full of contradictions.

In many cases, being "inspired by God" meant being so determined to explain what they had begin to understand about God that they wrote to show where the work of earlier writers needed to be refined, corrected, or even contradicted. That's how we learn and improve.

As Doctor Who pointed out, "thinking" is just a fancy term for "changing your mind."

Fib much? Of course you do. John the Beloved and Matthew were both eyewitnesses of Jesus' miracles. St. Paul did many miracles in Jesus' name.

My experiences with God have let me know that the Bible and The Book of Mormon are true. It isn't blind belief on my part. Think again, if you are able.

• Brian

Hmmm... nobody is anonymous. We know who wrote the Bible.

Actually, quite a few were witnesses. Many authors give the same account of what happened.

• Sally

I trust that because a pastor of a 501(C)(3) Christian church told me that

Source(s): Barack Hussein Obama
  • Jea

The fear of magic gods has been hammered into them from infancy.

But the fact remains that nobody ever heard of any god other than hearing it from a human. Humans make stuff up all the time to feel superior to other humans. Pretending god is one such thing.

Usually because of childhood indoctrination into the belief that the Bible is the word of their god.

The Old Testament was accepted as inspired by the ancient Hebrews. The books of the New Testament are the books that people died for when being persecuted by the Romans. The ones that were excluded were the ones that no one died for.