Can my truck keep up?

I meet a new coworker at my place in the same department as me and somehow I got into the conversation with him about talking about cars and general stuff regarding it. Anyways he drives a 2007 Mazda 3 2.0 automatic which I told him I. had as my previous car. So we had a 10 min conversation on cars and eventually, he told that he wants to have challenge me on the highway in my truck. It’s kind of funny that he told me that because After I’ve owned my current car, I used to think how would my truck do against my Mazda 3 and I would’ve never thought that someone who I actually know who owns a Mazda 3 would ask me to race them on the highway. I told him that I need I’m going to get new kyb struts installed, MICHELIN all terrain tires and a front st suspension sway bar done before I even think of going against him. My car is a 2003 Element awd auto.

My truck is in decent condition, as of now. I am totally aware of the fact that speeding on the highway is illegal and dangerous but do you think if I had all these repairs done on my truck, will it be able to keep up with the Mazda 3? Can my truck keep up with a Mazda 3 if both drivers were going all out? Why or why not?

DON'T FEED THE TROLL FOLKS.

Mark [aka Mike] is the Mazda 3 / Nissan Altima / Honda Element TROLL who has been asking the same questions over and over with minor variations for YEARS.

The swaybar gives you 65hp and the struts another 23. The tires, if inflated with nitrogen will up your torque by 17ft/lb... this thing will be a vette killer.

My cousin had the same setup and set a land speed record at El Mirage and won Pikes Peak 10 times.

You will also have to worry about the Lorentz factor at the speeds you will be approaching. Be warned.

• .

Real talk!

• .

Wtf is wrong with u, Mark? It seems like you’re destined to be a total loser in life. There is just too much nonsense in this question to even begin addressing.

You most definitely need adult supervision.

Mike, please try to understand that the Element is an SUV with the aerodynamics of a brick. It is not designed or built for speed and handling, no matter what you try to fiddle with.