Genesis asked in Food & DrinkEntertaining · 9 months ago

What type of menu should I have for my 28th birthday party ?

American

Chinese

Mexican

Italian

Vegetarian & non vegetarian

Just desserts

Buffet

Finger or light food

Just Appetizers

3 appetizers , 3 entrees & 3 desserts

6 appetizers , 6 appetizers & 6 desserts

Catering food

Take out food

Wings or Chick-fil-a

Zaxbys or Publix

Just Publix

Cupcakes or Apple pie

Apple pie or Coconut cake

Just cupcakes

Coconut or vanilla cake

Alcoholic & Non alcoholic drinks

Soft drinks , lemonade , sweet tea

Smoothies or special drinks

whatever type you want, its your birthday

• el stapler

You don't have any friends, do you? You have to provide free food so people will come. Ahahahahahaha!

What you serve depends on how much time, money and effort you want to put into preparing and cooking and serving the food.

I find that if I want to enjoy a party with my guests and not be working on food the whole time, I pick things that are easy to prepare in advance.

One of my favorites to serve a crowd is Tacos. The chicken and beef can be prepared a day or two in advance and is easy to heat up. All of the fixings can be also prepared in advance, stored in containers and put out in a matter of minutes (olives, salsa, guacamole, chipped tomatoes, onions, lettuce with cilantro mixed in, sour cream, refried beans, soft and hard tortilla).

And, what goes with tacos? Margaritas. Plus, I always serve wine. When I make margaritas, I buy limeaid (frozen concentrate) and mix the booze in it, store it in OJ containers in the freezer for a nice ice cold slushy drink, all made in advance, so no over pouring liquor.

Another favorite is Lasagna with a tossed salad. Easy to prep.

I find that sticking to a lot of one dish is better than serving an array of different dishes in smaller quantities, as that is so much more work to shop for, prepare, store and clean up.

DO A POTLUCK. Everyone brings a food dish.

• Janet

Have what YOU like.

It is your birthday.

But if there are vegetarians or vegans among your guests, have food for them that they can eat (mostly it will be the protein options for them that matter).

If you can afford alcohol, have alcohol. But also have non-alcoholic options.

Smoothies and special drinks are not necessary if you are feeding them meals.

What you offer depends on what you can afford.

However, usually when people in my crowd have a birthday, we book the group room at some restaurant, and everyone buys what THEY want to eat, PLUS they all pitch in to pay for the birthday person's meal.

um... most people get a free meal from their family and friends on their birthday