D asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesJeep · 9 months ago

Heating issue with Jeep. Do you think they will pay?

I had a 2013 Jeep patriot- the heat went out on that one. Got it fixed. It came time the Jeep got worn down so I had to trade it in

Fast forward to now, I have a 2016 Jeep Patriot and the heat went out once in 2017 (Got it fixed under warranty) and the SAME issue happened again.

So that is 3 times for two of the same Jeeps. I called the Jeep HQ and they had a case manager call me to set up an appointment. I set up an appointment for a diagnosis which will cost me $160.

Do you think that Jeep will pay for the expenses?

Update:

They reimbursed me!

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 months ago

No, not all. Some are scandalous shAdy dealerships.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • zipper
    Lv 6
    9 months ago

That will all depend on your dealer, most likely no! It could be something simple like low coolant level, clogged line, to a blown fuse. or a totally new heating core. It has to be checked before any one can answer any thing about what the cost mite be or not!

• 9 months ago

If you raised hell they might even force the dealership to diagnose it for free and goodwill the part.

• 9 months ago

Sorry, but I doubt Jeep will pay.

Had a common oil cooler leak, part of the motor, and they wouldn't even warranty that at 52K miles.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 9 months ago

Nope I don't think the factory will pay you a thing.If your heater quits working the antifreeze must be low and you have an air pocket in the cooling system. Have you checked the coolant level? The temperature gauge won't be accurate if there is air in the cooling system and you are likely over heating the motor.

I'd go to a good mechanic and spend your money having them do a cooling system pressure test and a "block test" to find out if the head gaskets are leaking.

Source(s): Mitsubishi Master Tech
  • 9 months ago

they might,you'll just have to wait and see

• P
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

Generally if this is a systemic issue that a lot of customers are having problems with that is a borderline recall they might pay for it, but considering that it's out of warranty it will be an uphill battle.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.