Tim asked in SportsTennis · 2 months ago

People are upset that Djokovic got booed for withdrawing against Wawrinka at the US open?

He deserved to get booed.... he quit the match because he was losing.... put out the feelers about his shoulder after his second round match but this is what top players do... sell the injury when really your just getting beat..Serena tapped out against Andreescu in Toronto but look now she’s healthy

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Bob
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Best answer

People have the right to boo if they want to, as for me, since I don't know how bad he was hurt I can't say if he was right or wrong for retiring against Warwinka

• Bob
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

To me it sounds like you just don't like him.

• 2 months ago

people have a right to boo

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

It would be all too easy to suggest he stopped because he was losing. However, this I seriously doubt. And there was NO NEED to be booing him. Only HE could have known how he was feeling and whether it was best to stop - or to risk further injury. To boo was childish on the part of the crowd. One might say not unexpected given where it happened! He's not popular for sure and I'm no fan but what's the point in booing? Or do people actually enjoy watching a player struggling?

• 2 months ago

He has never been popular with the tennis fans.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

The Czech dude has always been a problem for him, same as he is the problem for everyone else.

• Tim2 months agoReport

Swiss you mean, Wawrinka is Swiss

• djokovic is a legend in tennis.

• Tim2 months agoReport

He is also rightfully perceived as a villain

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.