Boyfriend brokeup with me because I dyed my hair?

I wanted to dye my hair red/brown (burgundry) and I asked my boyfriend what he thought. He said that I shouldn’t do it and I asked him for permission for days because I know he would get mad if I did dye it without asking. He still refused and yesterday I was bored and I had already bought the box dye so I just dyed my hair and I thought if he didn’t like it I would dye it back dark brown/black. I sent him a picture and showed him and then he stop replying and ignored me. I called him like 40 times and he wouldn’t answer. Today he finally sent me a message telling me, it’s over between us and that we should take our seperate ways and he ended the message with ”take care bye”.

I am crying my eyes out I didnt know he would leave me for such a stupid thing because he always says he loves me much and that he would die if I left him. I dont know what to do anymore. I feel guilt but at the same time I feel like he took it too far, I told him I could dye it back if he didnt like it but now he just broke up with me and left me. I’ve sent him so many messages where I . and explain that I only wanted to do a surprise but he wont answer

What should I do??? I love him very very much and He does too but now he just left me because I dyed my hair red without his permission

I’m 18 and he’s 22 if it matters

If dyeing your hair causes a break up, then it is best you STAYED broken up. This guy is too unstable and unpredictable to maintain a relationship. Fair Warning.

You need to get clear on what happened here. It's not that some normal guy disliked your new hair color so much he ended the relationship (as you seem to think). It's that a controlling guy is trying to punish you for disobeying his (absurd and abusive) command. He wants you to change your hair back and grovel not because he hates the color but because his ego is invested in destroying your free will. If you have any sense or self esteem at all you'll accept this breakup as the gift it is and refuse to go back to him.

He’s clearly crazy and you’re better off without him.

he's an idiot, what kind of person breaks someone heart because that person choose to do something for themselves?

i'm sorry, but trust your instincts, you are so young, and i think you don't need someone who will tell you what you can and can't do...that's not healthy, don't be sad, i know you love him, but just try to back off a little and think about his actions regardless of how many times he told you he loved you....if he was just your friend you would be mad at him for his reaction, but because hes your boyfriend you feel guilty?? think about it

i dont blame him

• Robert

Your neediness goes well beyond hair color. You need to be more clear about yourself and be more independent. You had to ask for his permission to change your hair color? He's not your father. You are too dependent on another person and need to know yourself and how to be just you before you can ever have a real relationship with someone else. I don't know if this guy is a good guy or not, but I know that he is better off without your dependency on him and I think you will be too...in the long run.

• g

You asked his permission??? No really - why would you do that?

• ?

You are naïve to believe he ever loved you if he is leaving over hair-dye. He new all along that he wasn't going to stick around he was just waiting for an excuse to make an exit. Don't let a man like that control your emotions, some people get a joy on making people feel like crap , it makes them feel powerful

Do you really believe that a person can love another but walk away from the so easily over something like this? If you do then you have no idea what love is. Neither does he, based on his actions. In my opinion, he did you a huge favor. Just saying the words I love you does not prove love. Actions do far more. His actions prove the exact opposite.

Believe me, he is not worth it.

If he broke up with you because of the colour of your hair, in the nicest way, he was clearly looking for a way out. Any sort of excuse. He 100% seems like a scumbag and you can definitely do better than him.