Dog is too deeply rooted in his ways and will not change. How can I improve the behavior of dog without put him to bed?

Trainer dog to train him right but did not improve. Dog does not do tricks and is wild half the time. He bite into the furniture and it was broken and he run after the man when he see him outside. Cannot hold onto him leash and runs off. One time try to fight a truck and bite into it like a meat. I do not know how... show more Trainer dog to train him right but did not improve. Dog does not do tricks and is wild half the time. He bite into the furniture and it was broken and he run after the man when he see him outside. Cannot hold onto him leash and runs off. One time try to fight a truck and bite into it like a meat. I do not know how to unroot him from his ways he is old dog now like four. He has always been like this. The veteran said that they could put him to bed or nutter him. I don't want him to sleep all day but it would be better than have him run wild on me and tear up things. I tried feeding him nuts like the vet said but he don't eat them and the one time he did he poop on the floor and bark all night. Help.