Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 5 months ago

Dog is too deeply rooted in his ways and will not change. How can I improve the behavior of dog without put him to bed?

Trainer dog to train him right but did not improve. Dog does not do tricks and is wild half the time. He bite into the furniture and it was broken and he run after the man when he see him outside. Cannot hold onto him leash and runs off. One time try to fight a truck and bite into it like a meat. I do not know how to unroot him from his ways he is old dog now like four. He has always been like this. The veteran said that they could put him to bed or nutter him. I don't want him to sleep all day but it would be better than have him run wild on me and tear up things. I tried feeding him nuts like the vet said but he don't eat them and the one time he did he poop on the floor and bark all night. Help.

Favorite Answer

I'm assuming English isn't your first language but trying to understand what's going on - you have a dog who is basically out of control and your options include castration, according to your vet? Well if you think that's a cure-all, think again. It's not. It will only prevent him siring unwanted litters of puppies, assuming he can get out. Sleeping all day - what with tranquilisers? No way! That's no life for a dog, for starters.

Feeding him what? Nuts? Never heard of that, for improving anything!!

For me, you have two options, euth. or finding him a home with people who can train and live with him? Obviously I'd opt for the finding a more suitable home - IF POSSIBLE!!

What breed? As for age, 4 is NOT old for any dog.

• Jojo

Verulam is just being polite, as is usual, Astrid.
      Where is YOUR answer to the question though??

Vash'n'go, have you got a book of Things Children Used to Say in the 1970s?

you could try acting your age instead of your shoesize troll

• J C

The dog WILL change if you put the effort into training. Neutering does nothing to stop a dog from behaving poorly, it only stops the ability to sire puppies. Have your vet recommend a good trainer who will teach you how to train the dog. If you are not willing to put the time and effort into it, then find the dog a home who will. No puppy comes trained - you failed to do that. Dogs need to be worked with in basic obedience, meaning sit, stay, down, and leash manners. Tricks are not necessary - the basics are.

• Jojo

What bred is this dog and have you owned him from a puppy?

4 years old is still quite young for a dog.

I can only surmise that the dog is way too much for you to handle and sees itself as the highest in status.

So more or less does as it likes.

Its no good having a dog trained with trainer unless you are also trained `with` the dog.

Vets are trained in how to treat a dogs ailments and are NOT trained in dog behaviours or psychology.

Castration is NOT going to alter this dogs learned behaviour.

When you say the vet told you to feed him `nuts` do you mean dry kibble?

What have you been feeding the dog throughout its life then? Scraps? Raw meat?

What country do you live in at this moment?

I really find it difficult to give you any positive advice with such little information about the dog and its past life and if YOU have done any training with it.

The only suggestion is as Verulam states. Find it a home with someone who has more experience of training dogs then you have.Or take him to a rescue centre where he will be assessed and found a suitable home.

Source(s): GSD owner for 56 years.