Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 6 months ago

How can I get me dog to pee outside?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Jack H
    Lv 7
    6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Take him out after every meal, drink or waking up, use a trigger word when you're outside, take him to the same area every time, use the same trigger word every time. It should take between 10-15 DAYS. never discipline for accidents indoors, always praise massively when he toilets properly, it's useful for times later in life when you need him to toilet in an acceptable place, quickly too...

• 6 months ago

How old is this dog, what breed and for how long have you had him? All that information would help me to help you. Best I can offer is if he is older, you go back to puppy one. Take him out to empty immediately he wakes from a nap, after every feed and short periods of playing, if relevant (puppy). In other words, limit the opportunities he has to mess indoors. Have you used pee pads because you are now facing untraining him (from messing indoors) and properly training.

When you take (go with him) him outside to do what he needs to do out there, don't keep him out for much over 5 minutes or he'll just find something out there of interest - forget about peeing/poohing. If he doesn't empty when you KNOW he needs to, bring him back indoors, but instead of letting him have the run of the house again, keep him by the door to the outside, stay with him and the moment he goes to squat, say NO! and take him straight back outside. Don't shout or hit - he'll just run which is the last thing you want to happen.

Be persistent, consistent - praise when he does go outside, correct ONLY in the act, and clean up the mistakes without comment. Eventually, assuming this isn't a medical problem, he will get the message.

• patty
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

my neighbours cat pees in the bath

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Use Puppy pad instead. No need for outside area.

• Verulam 1
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

No, no and no again! This is most likely why this dog hasn't any idea about NOT emptying anywhere other than outside.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 6 months ago

After you feed or give him water, soon afterward, bring him outside until he goes. Every time.

• 6 months ago

by taking it constantly outside logically

• Not
    Lv 4
    6 months ago

Leach + plastic bags. Walk dog, clean up after dog. Done.

• Benny
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

Take him outside, massage his prostate, and then give him lots of praise. 🐶

• 6 months ago

I read this in an Irish accent. But you need to establish a routine. Take note of when he pees in the house and start taking him out a few minutes before every day.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.