Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 6 months ago

Do you feel sorry for kids who are being home schooled by religious parents?

Favorite Answer

I guess home schooling and public schooling both have their pros and cons but I honestly worry it's a bit drastic. While I understand the parents wanting to protect the children from gangs, bullies, drug pushers, peer pressure, teen pregnancy, bad teachers etc. I wonder if they are also not depriving them of living a normal life too (hanging out with friends at the mall, dating, having birthday/slumber parties.) I am sure there is such a thing as keeping a child TOO sheltered. If they see someone being bullied, how would they react? Would they tend to ignore it, because their parents shielded them from training them to stand up for the victim. If a teacher never humiliates them in front of the whole class, doesn't this prevent them from learning how to deal with abusive bosses? The point of public schooling is to equip students to deal with LIFE. If the parents are taking them through home schooling just to make parenting easier on themselves I would take a step back and rethink.

• Tim

Yes because when they grow up they will have to deal with a bunch of idiots that went through the public education and cannot read or write or do simple arithmetic.

• Paul

Depends on whether they are being raised in true religion or false religion, though both are better than total ignorance of God.

If they’re religious extremists, then yes.

• sarah

Don't because in the end they get a much better education. If the parents work closely with the teachers at the school and learn by computer they do wonderful. They do not have to compete in sports or other things that will not help them in the real world.

Nope...................................

No. In fact, there are some advantages in quality and relationships.

only for those who's parents are not able to properly conduct a home schooling program....... I have personally witnessed the worst and the best..... most fall closer to the high side than the low.... I know of one family right now that is in trouble with the state for their extremely poor home program.... not religion based...... and two families who are religion based, who's kids consistently score well above the average for regular school kids... and who are all at least a year or more advance.... and on track for good scholarships for college

Yes I do. Hopefully they can recover.

• David

I'd say such kids are blessed to have parents who don't abandon them to secular education.

Yes, because there is so much garbage to be trained out of them later.

• Fireball

your tune will change AT JUDGMENT guaranteed.