Why can't I handle drinking as much as I used to?

I used to be able to drink a fifth (750ml bottle) of whiskey a day (actually often more) and be totally fine when I woke up the next day. A little bit of weed would take any nausea away and I would be good as new. Starting about a year ago, I noticed that I was feeling worse and worse after drinking. Would not be... show more I used to be able to drink a fifth (750ml bottle) of whiskey a day (actually often more) and be totally fine when I woke up the next day. A little bit of weed would take any nausea away and I would be good as new. Starting about a year ago, I noticed that I was feeling worse and worse after drinking. Would not be able to eat, lots of nausea, and felt weak. It eventually got so bad that I didn't drink for a month. It took a week to feel better but when I did- I felt back to 100 percent. However, when I try drinking again and I drink more than a few days in a row, I experience the same symptoms. In fact, very recently- a couple of days strung together where I had just 5 or 6 drinks made me feel bad.
7 answers 7