My best friends parents are racist?

I’m black and I’ve been best friends with a girl since elementary school who happens to be vietnamese. Our friend group is pretty diverse, there are three black girls (me included) five white girls and two Pakistani girls. I’ve never met her parents before but her mother happened to see us all hanging out at the... show more I’m black and I’ve been best friends with a girl since elementary school who happens to be vietnamese. Our friend group is pretty diverse, there are three black girls (me included) five white girls and two Pakistani girls. I’ve never met her parents before but her mother happened to see us all hanging out at the mall and scolded my friend for hanging out “with black people” . My friend cried a lot due to her mother hating us and not wanting her daughter to be associated with us. It seemed like as the years went by that we started drifting. She would only invite her Pakistani friends to her house and we never hung out outside of school anymore. She would always make up an excuse to not go out with us. Then she made new friends sophomore year and they happened to be her own race. She hangs out with them wayyyyy more than she ever hung out with us in our span of almost 10 years of being friends.. and now she doesn’t sit with us anymore. I haven’t spoken to her since the beginning of sophomore year and now we are juniors. I understand why she left due to cultural differences. But I’m still in shock, we were so close
16 answers 16