Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 6 months ago

How do I stop a married man to be friendly with me?

One of my coworker is a married man and he is overly friendly with me. I am a reserved single woman . But I don't want to develop any bond with him. How do I deal with this?

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Be polite, distant and professional. Any time the conversation turns to anything other than business say that you are busy, have things to do, or say "That's inappropriate" and leave. Do this often enough he WILL get the hint.

Waver and he will see it as encouragement.

• 6 months ago

So your attracted to him, and if you hold a conversation you will catch feels. Tell him that if that is the case. Be honest and tell him your not going to be the other woman. And that you can't just be his friend. So you can't be anything.

• Ocimom
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Tell him you are not interested and to go home to his wife. Ignore him as much as you can.

• Sally
    Lv 5
    6 months ago

Tell him you are a lesbian and only like black women

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 6 months ago

Talk about the herpes you contracted from a previous relationship,

and how much you knew that guy (an ex) was trouble.

• KTJoe
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Keep a distance, no more giggling, light hearted conversations, casually throughout the words "Sexual Harassment" to coworker hopefully this will back him off. If not report him to your supervisor.

• 6 months ago

tell him you like girls............

• 6 months ago

Have sex with him and use it to blackmail him.

• tony
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

If it makes you uncomfortable, or if your instincts tell you he is crossing the line, you need to set some boundaries sooner than later. The more you ignore or sweep things that are questionable under the rug, the more he will try to get a way with. I would start by not encouraging it.

• 6 months ago

Tell him you will talk to HR about his conduct. And write down anything he says that you find offensive (to give to HR).

• PAMELA
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Tell him loudly, in front of people, that you are not interested, and you will tell his wife if he does not back off, that should do it.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.