Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 3 months ago

Why don't liberals want to buy Greenland to keep it from China/Russia, give us good military positioning, and provide natural resources?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 months ago
    Best answer

It's not about not wanting to, it's about being adult enough to know that the proposition would be immediately rebuffed.

• 3 months ago

We don't need to get involved as long as the anointed one is negotiating for the purchase.

• 3 months ago

I don't think it's liberals who are objecting. I think it's taxpayers; and both sides of the aisle are taxpayers.

I for one am a liberal and I'm in favor of it for several reasons. But the major one is that it is a great strategic platform to jump off of to prevent Russia or China from attempting to take over the Arctic passageways that are opening up due to global warming.

If Fredericksen were to change her mind and say, "What's your offer, Trump" I would like to see the US buy Greenland.

• oldprof
      Lv 7
      3 months agoReport

Providing military support and providing civilian support (Puerto Rico) are two entirely different matters. A lot of the issues that befell PR are due to the fact that PR had and continues to have no tested and resourced emergency response plans of their own. They think FEMA should do it all.

• 3 months ago

Greenland isn't for sale. Russia doesn't buy countries --they invade countries and take control militarily.

Donald Trump is creating huge problems for the US with his trade wars. China has something that the US desperately needs --Rare Earth mines. China's Rare Earth is in high demand so there is no shortage of buyers.

Trump's solution to the growing economic decline in the US is to try and buy his way out of it by throwing good money after bad. Greenland also has Rare Earth, which is a vital element in phones and advanced technology.

If Trump continues with his verbal abuse of Denmark Greenland could force the US military base to leave Greenland.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    3 months ago

There you are generalizing again. Greenland belongs to Denmark.

• Future
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

I think it's a very interesting idea, but there's a right way to do it and of course the halfwit king bone spurs messed it up.

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

Who wouldn't want to buy Ivanka? She'd look awesome in my living room.

Point is, neither is for sale.

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

What part of no don't you understand, they are not interested in selling Greenland

• 3 months ago

Why not just buy China and Russia?

• John W
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

Greenland is not for sale. And the US has been told that several times. Trump just doesn't like hearing no.

• Mark
      Lv 7
      3 months agoReport

@Owl: This is true, but life isn't all business. Funny, though, that such a "stable genius" who wrote "the Art of the Deal" can't understand that he can't always get what he wants.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.