I don't know if I can stay with my wife. I need urgent advice?

My wife is not a bad person and I am not perfect myself. I don't want this to come across as a hit job as I just want to say she is a kind woman & an excellent mother. There is no other woman but I don't know if I want to be in a relationship with her & I just need to do a sanity check. I've... show more My wife is not a bad person and I am not perfect myself. I don't want this to come across as a hit job as I just want to say she is a kind woman & an excellent mother. There is no other woman but I don't know if I want to be in a relationship with her & I just need to do a sanity check.

I've been with my wife for 10 years altogether and we have been married for 5. I both met when we were in our early twenties and what attracted me to her was that she was a very spirited and easy-going person. Things were Ok in the beginning.

So what's the problem?

Over the years I have realised that my wife is very dependant and I feel that she can be emotionally immature which I feel has held our family back.
My wife is terrible with money. Cutting a long story short, a couple of years back she ran up $15,000 of debt on unpaid bills and didn't know how to budget. She believes in 'living in the moment' but doesn't look at the consequences of what she does. We have a 2-year-old daughter and live in the projects which I'm desperate to come out of.
I'm working on myself and my career but she would rather watch reality TV. When my father died, he left us nothing and I want to provide a better future for my daughter. Although she agrees she does little help me improve our situation, crying at how bad things are but complains she's tired when I want to come up with a plan. She becomes defensive when I say these things & is argumentative. I don't know if I can do this anymore.