When was the last time you had a close encounter with a snake?

Favorite Answer

I met a lawyer once..........🐍

About a week ago when a water moccasin bit my yorkie twice and killed it. I saw another one in the grass after that. I have a drainage ditch behind my house, it is hot, and we are in the fl panhandle. I have never seen so many. snakes i don t mind, vipers i have to kill.

For no reasonable reason, I am petrified of snakes. I have never been bitten by a snake and I have never had a snake bother me nor was I ever thrown into a snake pit. I realize I have an irrational fear of snakes and believe me, I have no idea why.

All I know is that those creatures are disgusting. They have no legs, no shoulders, no evident signs of ears. They are just a tail with fangs and a set of eyes. So gross to me, but I have no idea why.

A few years back, I was gardening and my black cat came by every now and again as I reached down to pet her. I felt her near my ankle and reached down to pet her tail when I realized I had the tail end of a black snake in my hand. I absolutely freaked out and had a whole body reaction as I sprinted up in the air and my feet were running before I hit the ground. I peeled out of my yard and ran into the road after letting out a blood curling scream. Two off my neighbors came running out of their house to see what was the matter and they laughed when I told them a snake frightened me. I thought I was going to have a heart attack. So irrational, I know, I know.

In my house a few weeks ago. Crushed its head with my foot.

About a year and a half ago. I live in a rural area, it was summer and I was walking home from school. I spotted a snake to the side of me so I froze and watched the snake slither up to me, across my shoes and into the bushes across from me. Safe to say I made my parents pick me up every day from then on

About 2 weeks ago, I went to Exotic Pets on Prince road to buy a pet rat.They have a 30 foot albino ball python. He is about 4" across. I got to lift a few feet of him, he looked and felt like a fire hose that was Full of water.

At the ranch I would find them all over the place in the summer, in the grain barrels, in the stalls, gopher snakes, cuties. I have seen rattlers everywhere here in the foothills and lower mountains. It's real hot now and you have to be real careful, especially near water. It has been a couple of years now.

Never................................

About 15 years ago....it was in the garage....my 5 year old daughter and I closed and locked the doors on the car and waited for my husband to come home. Sounds silly now.

This time last year, in Florida. I was on vacation with some friends and as we were walking around the resort, I found a cool photo opportunity on this mini waterfall with cool trees around it. I started climbing up the waterfall and right when I went to put my left hand down on a log, a snake slithered right where I was going to put my hand. I was startled and jumped back and ended up not getting the pic

Literal snakes or the emotional snakes?