How to handle a big change in a relationship?

So I met this girl at work and one thing led to another and now we are together. I know people say avoid relationships at work and I see why now, but let's not focus on that please. So at first it was like any other relationship; spending loads of time together, always messaging, getting to know each other.... show more So I met this girl at work and one thing led to another and now we are together. I know people say avoid relationships at work and I see why now, but let's not focus on that please.

So at first it was like any other relationship; spending loads of time together, always messaging, getting to know each other. Then after 2-3 months it started moving to the more comfortable stage which took me back a bit.

I managed to get over that but now we are at a point where she wants to spend less time with me. She isn't in the best living arrangement at the moment which will be changing in the next month or so, but I feel that I am becoming somewhat of a 'work boyfriend'. The fact that we see each other essentially every day (don't work on the same team / department) she is saying that because we have lunch nearly every day and walk back to the bus stop essentially every day, she sees me a lot and when it comes to evening and weekends she wants he own time. For me, I don't see this as 'quality' time together and still want to spend and evening in the week with her or at least every other weekend / 1 day and night with her on the weekend.

How do I tell her that the time we do spend together (walking around the shops near work at lunch / to the bus stop) is not how I want to base our relationship and that compromise needs to happen from both of us?

I don't want it to come across like I am suffocating her, but at the same time I just need a bit more out of her in this relationship.
1 answer 1