Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 5 months ago

Diet Suggestions?

I'm 16 and I weigh 197 pounds. I don't look obese at all but I would like to get into a healthier weight for my age and size. I've done Keto, vegetarian, fastings and the lowest I get is to 180. I'm pretty active- I play softball and practice usually 3-4 times a week (even in winter). And I weight lift and condition.

First, you have to accept and be willing to address the reality that you eat more calories than your body needs AND that changes need to be PERMANENT. If you stick to a keto or paleo diet -- as in" this is how I am going to eat for the rest of my life, not just a month" -- you will eventually lose excess fat, decrease inflammation, and lower your risk of serious health problems including cancer, diabetes, heart disease, Alzheimer's, and arthritis. You'll also beat a lot of cravings and improve how you look and feel as well as your athletic performance.

Part of any plan is eating the right number of calories for you body -- even if you are on a keto diet. Here is what I suggest:

1. Use BMI and BMR calculators online (just google these) to identify a healthy weight and the BMR for that weight.

2. Download a food tracking app like Lose It! or My Fitness Pal and enter every single thing you eat or drink. You may need to buy a food scale and use measuring cups and spoons so you have accurate data and learn what a "serving" looks like.

3. Eat lots of fresh veggies, moderate amounts of protein, and good fats up to the BMR calorie count for your goal weight. After a couple of weeks, if you aren't losing, you can drop that down.

4. Don't snack or graze or eat after 7 PM.

5. Drink more water or green tea.

6. Realize that being hungry is okay. You've got access to food and if you are eating highly nutritious, low-glycemic foods, you're fueling your body and brain adequately.

7. Get plenty of sleep.

8. PLAN AHEAD for celebrations and splurges. Life happens. Staying on an eating plan take a combination of resisting daily temptation and planning for those special events where you won't stick to the plan.

When we are using a weight loss method, we will sometimes plateau at a certain weight. But this doesn't mean the weight loss effort isn't working.

And often, the scale doesn't tell the entire story. This is why i kept a record of my measurements during the time i was losing weight. I sometimes seemed to stop losing weight, but i was still losing inches.

And Keto is a lifestyle which heals our bodies from the inside out. It's the way i eat now, and always will.

• zeno

It's fine tuned diet and more cardio via bike

Or treadmill at least 4 times a week for at

Least 20 minutes. Walk briskly like your

Trying to catch up with someone. Break

A sweat but done wear yourself out. Same

With the bike. Peddle faster than a casual

Bike rife but don't peddle like your in a race.

Just break a sweat but don't wear yourself

Out.

What color are you?

Yahoo glitched out! Sorry about the multiple threads.

maybe you should see a dietician, they can work with you to help you lose weight