Anonymous

How does one become a computer-support technician?

Career-Step offers a 6-month certificate program

to help me pass the CompTia A+ test. Is that

enough to get a job so I can work from home?

Thank You

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

Nobody hires people to work from home without experience...period. You need to prove you are a good worker before they will permit you to be paid while working remotely.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Alot of those jobs involve being at the desk and help install equipment and researching problems. That doesn't happen at home.

• 6 months ago

How many more times are you going to ask these questions??? It will be very difficult to find a work-from-home computer tech support job, especially an entry-level IT job.

• Alex
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

No. Not knocking Career-Step program, because I know nothing about it. But to work from home, you have to have an established reputation of working in an office and showing you can be relied upon to deliver results. Then you'll get opportunities to work from home (if you're working for a good company).

If you're just wanting to avoid people, you'll find that if you put forth effort to get over your social anxiety just as you would put forth effort to learn a job skill (such as studying for your A+ cert), you'll be much better off in the long run.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.