Should I get a divorce? Or should I stay and work things out.?

I am at a crossroads now, and I don’t know what decision to take. I have posted questions pertaining to my failing marriage here several times. About my husband cheating on me and being emotionally abusive to me for a while. Us going to counseling, and his decision of divorce to try to get his way. Well he finally... show more I am at a crossroads now, and I don’t know what decision to take. I have posted questions pertaining to my failing marriage here several times. About my husband cheating on me and being emotionally abusive to me for a while. Us going to counseling, and his decision of divorce to try to get his way. Well he finally came clean and apologized and wants us to start new. We are still in counseling, but I’m gauging to see if he is doing it for the kids or because he really means it. So far he has not disappointed. But the person I am today is taking actions over words. and I have recently reconnected with an old friend who divorced a while ago. He was interested in me without me even knowing it. we have everything in common, our religion, love of family, our ways of thinking etc... things will be so much easier with him. But again you know the saying about the devil that you know, and the one you do not know. I know my husband I know what he lacks... and I see him making efforts. I won’t say it’s perfect but he is changing. This friend I only know him as a friend. not as a lover. And plus he lives in another state and is in the Air Force, so he is constantly moving. I don’t want to be getting a divorce and end up in a situation worse than what I already am. I know I will need time on my own after the divorce but I want to know should I consider his interest in me? Or is because of what I went through with my husband that I feel interested by him?