stephen asked in EnvironmentConservation · 6 months ago

Macron says Amazon fires are World problem,whereas Brazil says 'no, it's just a local problem. Who is correct & what can World do stop fires?

Update:

'to' stop fires.

Update 2:

Likely, the Global Community should offer some financial support to Brazil to cut back these fires - if World wants it, they should not be leaving Brazil to suffer.

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

I would think Macron is right. If Brazil thinks this is just a local problem, then it's beyond time they did something about what's going on As this affects the entire planet, I think it IS a world problem. Yes wild fires have always broken out in the Amazon basin, but normally, the average rainfall would sortl that out. With the weather the way it is now, this may not happen before huge areas have been destroyed.

• 6 months ago

Eventually it will rain and put the fire out after all it isn't called the rain forest for nothing.

• oikoσ
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

Not if you cut enough of the forest. The forest itself increases the amount of rain. The Sahara used to be forested.

• ?
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

As is increasingly the case these days, the event is local, but the impact is global

• Quato
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Globalists will say or do anything to convince people to throw their sovereignty away, Macron doesn't actually care about the Amazon rain-forest, just trying to capitalize on a good disaster.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

It's definitely not my problem, unless they want to share some of my problems.

• `
    Lv 5
    6 months ago

They're clearing the land for more construction and the fires are spreading.

White people already stopped having kids.

Time for the rest of humanity to immediately follow suit.

• Sandy
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Seems like Brazil is right, since it's happening in their country. Give them a chance to deal with it before the rest of the world sticks their big nose in. If Brazil doesn't think they can handle it, they can always ask for help.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

It is a world problem .................

• John W
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Since the fires were set deliberately it seems that Brazil is pulling a Trump.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

I agree with him. We all need oxygen.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.