Is this bad on my end? Read details?

I was closing last night at my job and waiting for my ride (my mom). I called my mom at 1:24 am and she showed up at about 1:38. My manager had left me outside and she showed up a few minutes later and was very angry. Usually, we don’t get out till like 2:30, 3, or 3:30. I called in sick the next day (I was actually sick btw) but my mom also spoke to one of my managers about how the night manager before had left me outside. Will they hate me for this and do you think it will effect my report? Just asking because I’m planning on finding a new job.

• Judy

They probably won't hold it against you

Your mom should never speak with your manager...period.

You cannot be too young...if working past midnight. As such, an adult being left outside is not really a big deal to be honest...

Don't be melodramatic. Most employers don't hate employees. You need to advocate for yourself whether that is asking for shifts that don't end at 1 AM or asking to be allowed to wait inside the store for your ride. It isn't great that your mom dressed down your manager or that you called in sick, but that doesn't mean your boss hates you or will punish you. As you look for another job, keep in mind that if you aren't conformable closing a store in the wee hours, don't take a job where that is a requirement.

yes you should go to gulag

• DEBS

Your mom talking with your manager is very bad. It doesn't matter what the subject is. As for this specific incident, she is 100% wrong. Does she really think that your work is your babysitter?

Two months ago your were 19 years old, so WTF does your mom think it's the manager's responsibility to wait with you until she shows up. If I was the manager you wouldn't have to worry about showing up again.

• Amy

Having your mom call on your behalf makes you look very childish, regardless of whether the complaint is deserved.

your mother was 100% right and it is better be safe than sorry. what sort of an idiot kicks out a little girl in the street in the middle of the night? of course next time u should also maybe call her earlier that she can make it on time