Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 6 months ago

Is it true, as Paul says, that... " love does not demand its own way....?"?

Favorite Answer

Paul was right about that! (At least in my own experience.) Being married is not about -me-, it's about -us-. You have to compromise a lot. You have to know how to get out of arguments. When one or both of a couple fights to have their own way all the time, the marriage is doomed.

• Athena

The NLT translation says that (! Corinthians 13:5)

The King James says; Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;

Those of us who don't like Paul (for various reasons, including his weird theology, in which God is the cosmic puppet master commanding evil men to do wrong, and punishing them for what they can't help but do) have to admit that the man wrote some good things.

He is vilified by some. Kazantzakis portrayed him as only in it for the money in his novel The Last Temptation of Christ.

He's a puzzle. I think he was more complicated than people like Kazantzakis like to think.

I don't know a Paul.