Eddie asked in Social SciencePsychology · 3 months ago

How do you deal with social anxiety?

How do you deal with social anxiety? Thanks

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 months ago

You go and get professional help.

See a therapist or a psychologist.

They may be able to give you something temporary.

• DK51
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

1 - Walk away from whatever is causing the anxiety, if not possible...

2 - Take a few calming breaths and talk to myself in my head in a calm, firm voice to use logic and cut off emotions. To put everything going on around me into perspective.

3 - Tell myself what "anxiety" is, why it is flaring up and that this too shall pass.

4 - Repeat back to #1.

• 3 months ago

There is a world of Social Anxiety Self-Help on the internet. There are you tube guided meditations to use, and most likely videos about social anxiety too.

You can go to the library and check out books regarding social anxiety recovery and self-help.

It all works when we WORK AT IT. Making positive life changes takes effort.

best regards

• 3 months ago

Don’t focus too much on yourself (easier said than done) look and concentrate on the people or person you are talking to and that will take you outside yourself. When you don’t look people in the eye, and you have weak body language (shrugged shoulders, looking down) you set yourself up to fail socially. Yoga has helped me enormously with my posture and body image and after a session I feel much more confident meeting people. The worst thing you can do is be insular because your brain can’t see the fear in front of it and will magnify it.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 3 months ago

Hypnosis by Steven Schneider on iTunes and

android thanks, l find the stress relief a

favourite Of mine.

Thanks

Very Best Wishes

Mars

Source:) Personal Study

• 3 months ago

You are more important than they are.... because you are within yourself.

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

Stop going out.

• 3 months ago

Trade it in for Agoraphobia? Just kidding. Try and keep your social circles small and if you must go to a public place do so when there's likely to be less people there.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.