Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsOther - Family & Relationships · 5 months ago

Is it rude of me to block the entrance to the bathroom with my golf kart?

I clean bathrooms in a park. I drive around in a golf kart to get to each location. I set my supply bucket. And closed sign in the door eay. So people know its closed. And I'm cleaning. Well, I'm tired of people interrupting my work. And asking if they could use the bathroom. Some people just walk past my sign without saying a word. I started blocking the entrance with my golf kart, so that it would make it extremely difficult for someone to get past it. Especially an older person. I also put my closed sign in front of it. I figured they'd get the message that I really dont want to be disturbed. Am I being a jerk?

No. Just put the sign where people can see if and if they walk in anyway tell them the restroom is undergoing service and isn't available.

Change your

CLOSED sign, to

CLOSED FOR 10 MINUTES.

Some people count on a known bathroom being open, and it could be a physical and psychological problem if it is unexpectedly closed when needed.

• Alan H

In that situation sounds reasonable. But check with your supervisor; it may be viewed as a safety hazard

i think u should ask your supervisor what is the right procedure. i have seen in airports when they re cleaning bathrooms they re blocking the entrance with their cleaning cart, but in airport the next toilet is right behind the corner, i m not sure about a park. wouldn't the next toilet be quite far?

• M.

right behind the corner?

What does it mean?

• Janet

Perhaps you would be happier if these people who need to use the bathroom, went on the seat of your golf cart instead?

• Nicholas5 months agoReport

I'd be happier if they just got lost

Yes, you're rude. And, I suspect, a troll. When people need to go, they need to go. Especially if they've trekked across a park to get to the bathroom. Don't be a jerk.

• Mark

Not unless it's the ONLY facility they have access to at the time.

• Nicholas5 months agoReport

They have like 2 other bathrooms within a minutes drive, and 2 others within 3 minutes

• Logan

Nah, you're just trying to do your job.