Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 6 months ago

How is Atheism viewed in United States?

How do Americans generally view Atheism and atheists? Is it generally looked down upon in the USA? What do most Americans think about it?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • RockIt
    Lv 7
    6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Most Americans don't care if their fellow man is a person of faith or not or participates in organize religion. They generally don't want to hear people proselytize about it.

Same with people and their atheism. Nobody cares, just don't shove it in people's face.

I take agnostics more seriously though than atheists.

• ...Show all comments
    • RockIt
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

Our universe is more bizarre than anyone imagined before modern physics came along. So, its worth being open minded about what exists and what does not.

• 6 months ago

I have never had any harrassment or issues from a Christian because I am Atheist but I have gotten both from muslims

• JonZ
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Since roughly 95% of the US population identify as religious, atheism is still frowned upon by the majority.

• 6 months ago

Fewer Americans, as a percentage of the population, are attending church than at any time in history.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 6 months ago

We like Santa Clause and the Easter Bunny here.

• 6 months ago

The extreme right-wing christers convinced most USians that atheism was godlessness was communism, and USians, not known for their intellectual acumen, were unable to separate an economic system from a non-belief in invisible space folk.

~

• 6 months ago

American Christian don’t really believe in god.

They just pretend to so that they can continue to act self righteous and judgmental.

• Everard
      Lv 6
      6 months agoReport

LoLz 😎
      ~

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.