Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsCell Phones & Plans · 3 months ago

Dropped new phone on first day?

Just got a new phone today (Google Pixel XL) and I haven t had a case yet. Was walking with it in my hand when a person bumps into my (very convenient for me, bumps into the side of my arm where I m holding my phone) and it falls onto a hard floor. I wanted to mf scream. No visible damage on the outside but I m crazy worried that there is some internal damage, as it was caseless. Rn the phone is working fine, but it s still only the first day of it being used, so idk if itllt get ruined the more I use it. I need this phone to last me miniMUM four years and it s already been dropped on day 1 I rlly am freaking out

• falcon

Be responsible while using phone in public learn from this and keep going .

Pull on your big girl panties and get on with your life.

• P

Phones are made to be dropped to some extent. If it shows no physical damage then you are fine. Obviously you are not the type of person who should be using a phone at all without a case. It's not a matter if you will break it, it's a matter of when. Put the phone away and don't use it until you get one. This is all on you because you didn't plan well. You should have ordered the case long before you got the phone.

Calm down. Two cars ago, my son (thirties) was driving a brand new car out of the dealership. He stopped at a light less than 100 yards away. Another driver went thru the intersection at carreening high speed and completely destroyed the front end of his car. The car dealers ran down the street - and the car went back to them, with 6 miles on it. What was YOUR question again?

• ron h

Your son let his car get repo'd or did his ins co take care of it. I don't understand why you seem to say that this was the dealer's responsibility.

Phones are designed to survive a few knocks and falls.

If your phone appears to be undamaged then it most likely is undamaged. Any problems resulting from the fall will be highly likely to show within the next few months, and the manufacturer’s warranty will last one year. Accidental damage isn’t a warranty matter but internal parts shaking loose due to poor manufacturing are covered.

So you can stop fussing over what at the moment is nothing more than a minor mishap which your phone survived without a blemish.

Stop freaking out.

Only total idiots freak out.

So what's your question? You just told us a story about how paranoid you are. If there was internal damage, it would have been apparent almost immediately. Don't worry about it and move on.

Might be a good idea to buy one of those laynard wraps I've seen on a few phones.

https://www.amazon.com/Rocontrip-Detachable-Neckst...

This is what I found on Amazon, I've seen them as pouches, net like or solid. If you drop it, it stay suspended by the lanyard to your neck, belt etc. Can be used on naked phones or phones with cases.

• Tj

If you bought it with a credit card, some cards offer free accident and theft insurance for free. Check with you card company.

• Robsteriark

The phone appears to be undamaged. No insurer will intervene unless there is clear evidence of damage.