My husband have land contract with his mother we got married then sold the house am I entitled to half the money?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

leach ............................... money stinking money

• 6 months ago

depends hw you married and where, and whether he has protected himself from your greed

• i + i
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

You MAY be entitled to half of any

gain in equity that occurred while

you were married. Talk to a lawyer.

• 6 months ago

Depends on if you're in a community property state, if yes, you are entitled. If you're in an equitable distribution state then no, because the contract existed prior to marriage.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • mokrie
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Only if the laws in your state are 50/50 but that would be during a divorce. To get the money while your married would take a lawyer to sue for half. That may end the marriage.

Lv 5
    6 months ago

You are entitled to half of the property and income. Since his mother is in the contract, she would be one of the owners as well.

But..... if she is 100% owner of the home and property, she could have contracted her son to do something for a wage then that would be marital income.

• 6 months ago

No. In some states you are entitled to half what your husband earned or made while you were married. You have to right to wealth he had before you were married.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.