Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsOther - Family & Relationships · 6 months ago

I’m just so sick of life. I don’t think I can do this anymore. Homelessness, abuse, depression.?

I really don’t know if I can continue my life like this. I am living in a student building and I wasn’t made aware that I have to vacate in 3 days because the girl i sublet from didn’t renew the lease. I’m facing homelessness. On top of that, I have no job and I’m not really doing much with my schooling.

The next thing is about my three year relationship. My boyfriend and I are 21 and have been together for three years. All we ever do is fight but I really and truly love him. Whenever I cry, he gets mad and says he doesn’t care about my sob story. He calls me names when we fight and it’s clear that he would rather be with his friends over me. He isn’t allowed to spend the night because of his mother yet his siblings have been able to travel the world and do whatever they please. I am at the end of my rope and I have never been this depressed before.

I’m no longer at the point in life where I want it just to change. I sort of just want it to end but I wouldn’t kill myself. This pain and misery hasn’t just started. No matter how hard I’ve tried, my life has been horrible. Growing up broke with 7 siblings and feeling ugly and nobody ever liking me. I have never been good enough for anyone and me not being enough for my boyfriend is the nail in the coffin for me. There doesn’t seem like there’s anything more for me.

Take a deep breath and take everything one problem at a time. My son committed suicide at 15, and I always wonder what I could have done or what was going on to make him feel like that was the only option. Just remember that life throws curve balls all the time and all you can do is try and find a way to fix things one problem at a time. When it comes to your relationship. If he's not happy then all he will do is make you misrable to make you as unhappy as he is. Let him go, and figure out what a mistake he made leaving you.

Time for a reality check. Finding a place to live is WAY more important than this idiot boyfriend. You're 21, meaning this guy isn't the one you're going to end up with for life anyway. So put that on the back burner for now and worry about how to continue your education. If you're in uni there's probably a campus mental health office you can get some counseling from. But even then, keeping a roof over your head comes before all else right now. So make that the priority.

• M.

You need to get away from all these people and get yourself into a better condition. That includes a job and a place to live.

• I’m sorry you feel this way. Unfortunately, this is all apart of life. Things go wrong and more times than not they all tend to go wrong at the same time. This can be an incredible source of stress, and rightly so. Take things one day at a time. You can’t control what happens to you but you can control how you react to it.

If you truly love your boyfriend, talk with him, he has to notice that all you’ve both been doing is arguing with each other. Also reevaluate your relationship, do you really want to be with someone that treats you with no respect, that belittles your feelings, and you can’t even confide in?

Ephesians 4:29, 31-32says: “Let a rotten word not come out of you mouth, but only what is good for building up as the need may be, to impart what is beneficial to the hearers…. Put away from yourselves every kind of malicious bitterness, anger, wrath, screaming, and abusive speech, as well as everything injurious. But become kind to one another, tenderly compassionate, freely forgiving one another just as God also by Christ freely forgave you.”

Killing yourself is never an option because in your death you leave pain behind. Your pain spreads more pain, would you want anyone to feel the way you’re feelings? Absolutely not!

You clearly have a lot of unresolved issues and it would be a shame if you never got to see the person you could be with the proper help. There’s so much for us outside of ourselves and when we recognize what we could be for others, that’ll help us see what we could be for ourselves.

Proverbs 24:16 says: “For the righteous one may fall seven times, and he will get up again, But the wicked will be made to stumble by calamity.”

Moment like these seems like they’ll last forever, but they’re just moments, they’ll pass like everything else in life. And when you get to the other side you’ll be glad you pushed through.

Trust me, I've been where you are. But every day I fight for life, and find something I'm so glad I didn't miss out on by ending my life.

• Alan H

Two of those issues are in your own hands.

Why are you not doing much with your schooling?

Why do the two of you not talk sensibly? If he will not listen , which seems likely, move on.

It may help to talk things through with someone who will listen and not judge. Try calling the local Salvation Army Officer

There is a Man who took all your faults upon Himself and died for you that you might have life and not just any life but a more abundant life. He values you infinitely. He is coming again to take you home with Him. Jesus is His name and if you live for Him He will carry all your burdens with you. Take hope - He will help you to a better life.

• shana6 months agoReport

Believing in God will not fix all of my problems. I do love Him and I’m not very Christian but I still value that. But none of what you said will change anything for me.

I feel the same way