Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 6 months ago

How many billions of dollars does illegal immigration cost the U.S. annually?

Source appreciated.

Favorite Answer

I don’t know about the entire U.S., but it’s estimated illegal immigration in California now costs California taxpayers more than 25 billion annually.

The fact that there are no legitimate sources is why this remains a debate. Illegal labor bolsters the bottom lines of many corporations in this country but meanwhile destroys the second largest school district in the nation. So the effects aren't felt universally across the land and no one on either side of the political aisle really cares to know the truth.

• JetDoc

Haven't seen any figures on this recently, but an article I read this morning says that Seattle is spending $100,000 PER PERSON anually on programs and benefits for the "homeless" in their city, and the city is STILL looking like an open sewer just like LA and San Francisco. I'll guess that a good number of those "homeless" people are undocumented immigrants.

You have posted in the category of 'Russia' - I would think there are mostly Ukrainians and Georgian and all the 'stan' illegals.

None. Actually, less than none. It saves the U.S. billions. the illegals may more in taxes than they receive. The shortage of illegals costs the U.S. billions in reduced food production.

It Trump fault...........lol......mm

I've seen abuse of public funding by both foreign and domestic people here.

I would heap a little more guilt on the "legit" people here that do it, since they're probably on the bandwagon that basically says 'I'm better than you.'

About 80 to 90 billion..

I bet they don't pay that much in taxes. - Maybe at the most 12 billion.

Illegal aliens have cost American citizens over a TRILLION dollars per year every year since at least 2002. You cannot get the statistics from one single source. I had to dredge up statistics from a very wide array of sources. E.g. Statistical Abstracts of the United State (ordered shut down by Obama Admin & no longer published); assorted news reports (e.g. LA Times article on costs of treating illegal aliens at LA County Hospital, which exceed total operating losses!); interviews (e.g. immigration court administration officials); school district budgets; crime statistics & court costs; costs to victims of crimes by illegal aliens (e.g. insurance data); financial data, e.g. annual foreign remittances by illegal aliens (these are untaxed funds, often from illicit sources); losses due to identity theft by illegal aliens; testimony at Congressional hearings; personal observations, and a great deal more.

You can duplicate the research yourself.

Earn. The irs collects about 12 billion every year from illegals. Employers pay on their behalf.