19 years and still living at home?

I am an female being abused psychologically by mother. She has been abusive all my life here has been too much to explain that has gone on in my family. Is there any hotlines can call for this? I am from the United States.

18 Answers

  • 1 year ago

    I'm so sorry to hear that. You could try the Crisis Text Line--text HOME to 741741, or call 1 800 4 A CHILD. Look up the number for state of local department of social services. If you are in immediate danger of violence or serious abuse call 911 and ask for police. If you still can't get help tell them you are suicidal and that you have a plan to kill yourself (but for God's sake don't really do it) and you will have to be seen by mental health professionals at a hospital. They have authority to take you there in an ambulance, depending on where you live. Most states can keep you for 72 hours. You should be given access to a social worker at the hospital. Some states have mental health hotlines you can call for advice. Tell them you're being abused and you're losing it. Some cities have church run shelters and charities for abused women. Have a bug out bag packed with the bare essentials. Don't let your mom know what you're planning. You can work it out with her later when she acknowledges what she has done. She needs help too. Abusers are people who have been abused themselves. Above all pray. I will pray for Jesus to guide you.

  • Anonymous
    1 year ago

    get yourself a job then move out with some friends.

  • Please contact a social worker at a hospital

    And please dismiss if they say “ oh you’re just

    Hearing and seeing things”, if they advise you

    Take medicine, take it and advise the

    Doctor to store the label in the fridge,

    please see a patient advocate

    To iron out any conflicts in the family thanks.


    Very Best Wishes for a happier today thanks

    Very Best Wishes


    Source:) General knowledge and Ethics

  • kim
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

    Get counseling if you are this consumed with mother hatred

  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 year ago

    that's okay you're in the same boat as a lot of people

  • 1 year ago

    I would venture to say you have no skills to go to work and would not be able to take care of yourself otherwise you'd be gone. Not your fault it is the parents job to teach there kids to take care of themselves. Military is best bet like Kyle said that would make you independent. You could rope some guy and move in with him until it goes south. You could realize your situation and get out in the world bust *** and make things happen for you. The only thing free in life is misery everything else cost.

  • 1 year ago

    u should tell CPS about this

  • Kyle
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

    even if you aren't suicidal, you can call their hotline. Call 1-800-273-8255.

    maybe consider joining the military. if you have a high school degree, no criminal history or medical issues, you should be qualified to enlist, but you still need to pass the ASVAB test (basic high school knowledge), and be relatively in shape. they have hundreds of jobs that aren't all combat or infantry related, and plenty can easily translate back into the civilian world. it's only four years long, though some jobs require six, and you get paid training along with it.

    do some research, then contact a recruiter for the next steps. if you can't physically go to a recruiter, often times they will come to you if you are seriously interested.

  • .
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

    No, make the best of it.

    All families are different, but it's worse outside.

    Take it as a learning experience.

  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

    you could go stay in a shelter and they will help you out

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.