what happens to a cop if he winds up in prison with a long prison sentence,please give me a sensible answer?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Boris
    Lv 6
    12 months ago
    Favourite answer

That depends on the ex-cop.

In most case they go into a segregation unit.

That is where they put "at great risk" prisoners.

BUT it is up to the ex-cop.

I know 3 guys who went to prison, although none for more than 2 years since they all plead guilty, they all, after being in segregation for a month or so, went into general population at their own request.

They all reported that they had no more trouble than anyone else just because they were a former cop.

On guy had been a homicide detective and for a short time was on the same block with a person he had put in prison. No problems according to him.

The department gets these guys to lecture recruits and working cops about their crimes and treatment.

• Anonymous
    12 months ago

Think he would go to PC. Prison is not a good place to be but being a cop inside is much worse again

• 12 months ago

They go to General pop and take their Chances. That's why its so hard to indict a cop. They do not live long in prison.

No, cops do NOT get "segregated" nor get special treatment. They can PC up just like any inmate, but might even get killed in PC.

Source(s): Been There
  • Anonymous
    12 months ago

He'll go to the classifying center and when I find out that he is a police officer or ex-police officer they'll ship him to a prison where they ship all the other police officers for their own safety. It's usually a privately-run facility. and even when a police officer gets convicted of a crime they still get a better prison than the average person that goes to jail

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    12 months ago

probably the same thing that happens to anyone else

• Anonymous
    12 months ago

what happens? nothing good. live a terrible existence with the threat of assault or worse on their mind 24/7

• 12 months ago

probably the same thing that happens to anyone else, they get stuck in prison

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.