Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 6 months ago

Why are some people with aspergers so self obsessed and do not ask how others are? Just talk about them?

An aquaintance does this..

All about Her her her..

Is this what they do??

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

people on the spectrum have marked difficulty recognizing social cues. you learned a great deal about your world based on the reactions of the people around you. you could tell when people were pleased with your behavior--or displeased with your behavior...just based on their facial expression--autistic people don't have that ability--they talk about their interests and generally do not understand why someone would be disturbed by their conversation--they don't pick up on the glazed over expressions and smirks. It isn't that they are all about themselves--not really--their brains just don't pick up on things we take for granted. it isn't an intentional thing--it isn't really a lack of empathy--people with Asperger's are pretty high functioning--and with an appropriate explanation they can "get it".

• 6 months ago

they are often very self-focused. It's not personal against you, it's the way their brains are wired.

• KTJoe
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Aspergers are loners they're happy when meeting someone to talk to, whose actually listening.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

not all of them do that

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

I've met many people on the austism specturm and it varies. I believe I have a touch of aspergers and i think more of others than i do of myself. It's not only an aspergers thing to come off as not caring how others are. Anyone can be like that. The notion that being on the spectrum automatically means you lack empathy is a very harmful lie which has in the recent years been disproven.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.