I'm using NORWEX marble past and a razor scraper knife to clean my glass top stove. Anyone else have some home remedies for this cleanup?

This is the same razor knife they use to clean stickers off of glass.

Favorite Answer

try ammonia

let sit,,,go outside while it works

or,,,,,,use dry detergent powder,,like borax,, on a slightly moistened sponge, clean cloth .= a mild abrasive than takes off grease nicely,with no glass scratches

• Droopy

can tell you keep pressure even an over center of razor. ive seen ppl scratch the top with the edge of razor

I have had my glass top stove now for 21 years. I clean it regularly with a damp sponge and Dawn dish detergent. When the top gets burnt-on stuff on it, I use a regular straight edge razor blade and lots of 70% (or better) isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol. It still looks like new! I never use any thing abrasive on it, not even something like Norwex marble paste!

(That's a cool icon of Ed Roth's "Rat Fink")

• D J

You might want to try degreasing it first with something like Dawn dish liquid. Then use a Mr Clean magic eraser to get the rest of the grime.

Our glass top is now 10 years old - exactly as new; minor spills wiped off with a damp sponge - when it neeeds more we use glass top stove cleaner......other methods will disfigure it.

I hate glass top stoves. I bought one for the new kitchen and do 2/3 of my cooking on the element stove top in the inside kitchen.

To scrape of heavy stains on the glass top I use OLFA blades and VIM for a cleaner. Friend of mine's husband used jeweler's rouge and a medium speed foam buffing pad on their's about 1-2 times a year.

I should add they've had their glass top 3 years and it's really shiny using the rouge.

Buy the product that is designed for use on your specific range. It is way cheaper than ruining the top surface.