Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferencePrimary & Secondary Education · 6 months ago

In What grade is home ec taught for the first time?

My son is in school and I was wondering if he will start home ec this year

• donnie

This depends on the school. I would recommend talking with a teacher about this.

• Lili

Many schools did away with Home Ec eons ago. I briefly attended a public school that offered it beginning in the 7th grade, but that was in the early 70s. I then transferred to a private school that didn't offer it at all, and the public school no longer does.

Call the school.

The earliest I've had was seventh grade and it was required. But in high school, you can take home ec as an elective--if they offer it.

• audrey

Home ec is not taught anymore. That's what fast food places are for, I guess.

I never had any Home Ec class in any of my schools from elementary-high school. The most logical thing would be to contact someone at your son's school about it.

• Nancy

It generally first appears in curricula in middle school/junior high school.

• Jim

Might want to call your local school district. In many places home ec is not even a class anymore.