Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferencePrimary & Secondary Education · 6 months ago

In What grade is home ec taught for the first time?

My son is in school and I was wondering if he will start home ec this year

7 Answers

Relevance
  • donnie
    Lv 4
    6 months ago

This depends on the school. I would recommend talking with a teacher about this.

• Lili
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Many schools did away with Home Ec eons ago. I briefly attended a public school that offered it beginning in the 7th grade, but that was in the early 70s. I then transferred to a private school that didn't offer it at all, and the public school no longer does.

Call the school.

• 6 months ago

The earliest I've had was seventh grade and it was required. But in high school, you can take home ec as an elective--if they offer it.

• audrey
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Home ec is not taught anymore. That's what fast food places are for, I guess.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 6 months ago

I never had any Home Ec class in any of my schools from elementary-high school. The most logical thing would be to contact someone at your son's school about it.

• Nancy
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

It generally first appears in curricula in middle school/junior high school.

• Jim
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Might want to call your local school district. In many places home ec is not even a class anymore.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.