How much does walmart charge to install a tire to my car?

If there’s another place you recommend for a decent price please list it. Right now my only option is walmart

I saw a $50 tire for my car i need two front tire so it’ll at least run $100 or so just for the tires. now i want to know how much they charge to install it and do whatever they have to do

15 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    3 months ago

Installation is normally included in the cost. (except maybe at WalMart) They are cheaper for a reason. You have to ask there. Valve stems are always replaced because the rubber stem is as old as the tire so the rubber dries and cracks and leaks out air. Not replacing it is just asking to have an air leak down the road(a flat when you don't need it). They did not do it on old tires because the old tires had inner tubes. Balancing is also something you should do especially because you get steering wobble in the steering wheel at highway speed and you will hate that, as the wobble tends to also wear out the steering rack "connections" faster & sooner. They just do their job. Half a job is not good enough.

Get the price from them all taxes included...it may be $65 each.

Which is still a cheap tire. And they do them in pairs for RWD cars (or all 4 tires if your car is FWD) - which MOST are.

Auto mechanic 30+yrs

• 3 months ago

Too much.

Find a place that sells used tires - they will usually do it for 10-15 bucks. I buy all my tires online now and have them mounted/balanced by a local place.

• 3 months ago

many companies dont like putting a tire on if you did npt buy it there. I can get my tires fitted and balanced for $30 , but I know that firestone will fit and balance for free if you buy the tire from them

• Phil M
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

The Walmart website says they charge $15 per tire for mounting and balancing. $25 if you want the road hazard warranty. They say these prices are the same at all Walmart stores across the nation.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    3 months ago

The cost of labor isn't the same everywhere so why don't you phone them up and ask? That would be the easy thing to do instead of us guessing what the labor costs in your area.

• 3 months ago

Why don't you call Walmart and ask?

• don r
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

It's typical for shops to charge for mounting and balancing in the neighborhood of $15 per tire. They might try to sell new air stems too. Those are around $3-$5 each. If you want any cheaper than that, go to the salvage yard and buy used tires. Those may only last you a year or two instead of 4-5 years for good quality new tires.

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

Get your neighbor/friend to install it.

• 3 months ago

You know, ask Walmart.

Lv 7
    3 months ago

Installation is normally included in the cost. Tax and a road hazard warranty is extra.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.