What does this nightmare mean?

In real life, I have a dog named Terra, who is a siberian husky. In my dream, for some odd reason, my husband and I were having Terra euthanized (put to sleep for death). She looked healthy but like a good dog, she just layed there. When the vet (unknown person) gave her the shot, she started howling in pain. When she got up, her skin started falling off in chunks. I was horrified. My husband started to pet her head, where some fur remained, and told her it would be ok. His hand got bloody and soon she was completely skinless and still alive. She walked to me with fear in her eyes and in obviouse pain. I wanted to help her so bad, but I couldn t. My heart was aching and got down and told her it would be ok.

I know that real life euthanizing doesn t happen like this and is way more peaceful. Terra is up to date on all her shots, is healthy and nothing is wrong with her, so I wonder why i had such a morbid dream about her.

In fact, in normal occasions, after waking up from a nightmare, I would immediately forget about it. This is the first dream I had in a very long time that I remember and I had it last night.

Anyone know what this could mean?

Your dog is a "love object." Something happens to your love object, you feel desperate and frightened, and tears start falling. The intensity of the dream means that the person whom that dog represents holds a strong place in your Life, and you would be desperate to lose him or her. Try to sit down and quietly deep breathe for a few minutes, and then throw your attention onto who is so close to you that you would have such strong feelings for? Once you understand that your dream used your beloved pet to symbolize this person it ought to be quite easy to figure out whom she or he represents.

Tough one. It is either about the guilt of euthanizing a previous dog, or possibly identifying the pain you or someone you love is suffering inside. They look fine on the outside, but on the inside are in agony. And any comfort you and your husband provide is insufficient. By chance do you have a depressed or sick child?

You husband is abusing your dog.