What does the slang word oof mean?

It means you're an edgy teen who listens to shitty music and has no social life.

Don't know bruh.

refers to the sound of exhaling air suddenly, like if someone smacked you in the gut.

I say 'Oof!' when I sit down heavily in a soft chair at the end of a hard and tiring day.

• John P

That is also my use of "oof". I would call it an informal, onomatopoeic, expression. It does not fulfil the classical definition of "slang".

• JOHN

It is not a word, slang or otherwise. It is more like a grunt or an involuntary response to an unpleasant stimulus.

Like if you fall down to the ground and land on your butt you let out a oof sound

Don't people say OOF, when they are punched in the stomach?

could be used for thats rough, or a sound you make if someone say punched you in the stomach

Nothing.................