Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 4 months ago

how do i tell my wife she's getting too fat without offending her?

it's to the point i don't even want sex with her anymore. i need to get my wife on a diet.

22 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 months ago

There is no getting around it. You might as well tell her it bothers you. she will be hurt and more depressed, but it might just get her mad enough to "show you" and do something about it.

• P.L.
    Lv 6
    4 months ago

Encourage her to work off some of that fat by going for a walk with her every evening - with kids if necessary and if there's no kids buy or borrow a dog. Exercise and/or eating less is the only answer if she was slim before. Don't tell her she's fat just get that body moving more and the fat will decrease - slowly - so have patience. Rome wasn't built in a day.

• Banana
    Lv 5
    4 months ago

Tell her that you want to get healthy with her. Say you want to pledge to get fit as a couple. Dont make it about her.

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

"Honey, I feel like the way we're eating is making me sluggish. Let's get ourselves onto a diet and exercise program so we both feel better".

• Question4 months agoReport

What if he is underweight ? Often the husband is underweight .. If an underweight man losses even more weight that could be dangerous for his health .

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 months ago

you cannot,,, if she does not choose to try there is nothing you can do

she knows but at this point is making excuses

if you are slim and never gain weight you are kind of without any choices

if you have any spare weight ,,, tell her you want to loose the extra weight can we choose a menu to help "me" loose weight..... My wife kept telling me "we needed to loose weight" so I did 30 LBS... she gained 20 more..... She tries but there is too much excuse making ..

one hit any doctor of value will tell you exercise will not help

eat less is the only answer and less carbs and sugar

no special diet just less carbs

BUT if you tell her she is getting too fat .... she will be upset and she most likely will not loose the weight

• 4 months ago

By telling her that it would be healthy if she could lose some weight

• Question4 months agoReport

I can't believe this liberal society ! Apparently two people ( so far ) found your coherent answer "offensive ".. I wonder if people start crying when their doctor suggests them to lose weight .. Or are today's doctors scared of telling people to lose weight?

• PAMELA
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

Suggest you both lose a bit of weight, not just her.

• 4 months ago

If your wife wants to lose weight, she will. You have absolutely no control over her weight.

• sarah4 months agoReport

If he loves her, he needs to do something

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

Certain conversations between a husband and wife must be managed with tact and sensitivity. A spouse's weight can be a particularly sensitive issue. She may feel extremely sensitive about her body and take any comments about her expanding waistline as criticism or taunting, even if you mean them in the best possible way. The key is to be subtle.

buy a fitness DVD you can do at home, or take up running. Start with walking or jogging short distances and increase your distance gradually. Purchase a healthy eating cookbook and start experimenting with nutritious, tasty meals for the whole family.

Attachment image
  • Anonymous
    4 months ago

When people are truly happy (I mean really happy, not just sometimes happy) they find it easy to stay slim and active.

But by all means, do not tell her to lose weight. Help her be healthy on the inside, because ultimately that is what brings a person to a natural balance.

P.S. If she has only gained 10 lbs, you're an asshole.

The funny thing about weight gain is there is usually a deeper issue than just calories in, calories out.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.