Can a person be victimized like this whilst on their computer?

i copied & pasted an answer i got recently in response to a question i asked; can anything spy on a persons computer? here is this persons answer; '' There are also apps literally allowing strangers to take control of your entire computer. This basically the legal way to do it instead of dropping a... show more i copied & pasted an answer i got recently in response to a question i asked; can anything spy on a persons computer?

here is this persons answer;

'' There are also apps literally allowing strangers to take control of your entire computer. This basically the legal way to do it instead of dropping a virus that does things for the person who created the virus. You can have things dropped on your computer and not know they are there until some professional finds them. I got talking to a master in computing and she told me a story about how some family man found himself getting a virus on his PC. This particular virus amongst various things dropped disgusting images of under aged kids on his PC without him knowing it. Due to the slowed speed he took his PC in for repair only for the professional to find said images. This obviously the point to the disgusting virus. He spent years in jail pleading he had no idea those images were there. Hit men can hunt you down, your life can be sold off as black mail, it can be entirely deleted or destroyed if you run into the wrong people. Human trafficking can abduct people in the night. It's extremely easy to get somebody's address. The internet gets much worse than all these things though. It was the future the human race wasn't ready for and now its paying the price. There are some powerful firewalls and anti-virus programs out there. However if they come across something they've never seen before they wont know to block it out. ''
Update: the above answer i pasted i found worrying, is anything like that likely to happen whilst on your computer?
3 answers 3