$@!ar W!nd asked in EnvironmentGlobal Warming · 3 months ago

Did you see this, Petition Against Climate Alarmism Goes Global?

A petition being submitted by hundreds of independent climate scientists and professionals from numerous countries to heads of the European Council, Commission and Parliament declares, “There is No Climate Emergency.”

Briefly summarized, the request for consideration conveys five urgent messages:

Climate change is real and has been occurring with nature-driven cold and warm cycles for as long as the planet has existed.

There should be no surprise that the Earth has been warming through natural causes since the last Little Ice Age ended around 1870. Actual temperature increases, however, are far less than predicted by theoretical climate models.

There is no real evidence that anthropogenic (human-caused) CO2 emissions are a major or dangerous warming influence. They instead offer great benefits to agriculture, forestry, and photosynthesis that is the basis for life.

There is also no scientific evidence that increasing CO2 levels are causing more natural disasters. However, CO2-reduction measures do have devastating impacts on wildlife (e.g. wind turbines), land use (e.g. forest clearance), and vital energy systems.

https://principia-scientific.org/petition-against-...

I tried a little experiment, I posted the question under anonymous and it stayed. Have to figure what is going on regarding the bot idea!!

• Mike

The Climate Alarmist scammers are running to Cuba

I’ll stick with mainstream scientists thank you. Did you know that some scientists still deny evolution? I’m sure there’s a couple who still say that the word is flat.

But even if by a miracle and let’s be honest you’d need a miracle that the Earths climate isn’t effected by co2 emissions just look at all the other things humans are doing to the environment. The parties over I’m afraid

It is about time the real scientists fought back against the child frighteners of political global warming. Like the Titanic the gravy train that the IPPCC are riding will take some stopping

A new research paper concludes that human activity can account for no more than a 0.01C rise in global temperatures, and goes so far as to “prove” low-level clouds “practically control the global temperature”.

The paper, entitled “No Experimental Evidence for the Significant Anthropogenic Climate Change“ and published in Nature, is the work of a group Finnish scientists. It explains how the IPCC’s analysis of global temperatures suffers from at least one glaring error — namely, the failure to account for “influences of low cloud cover” on global temperatures.

Winter Storm Warning

National Weather Service Fairbanks AK

Aug 20 2019

Northeastern Brooks Range above 2000 feet-Including Anaktuvuk Pass, Atigun Pass, Galbraith Lake, Sagwon, and Franklin Bluffs

WINTER STORM WARNING UNTIL 6 AM WEDNESDAY…

Heavy wet snow expected. Plan on difficult travel conditions. Total snow accumulations of 4 to 6 inches expected.

• Dirac

Six days ago Solar Wind claimed that the paper he references was published in Nature. Five days ago I challenged him on it, and he has yet to provide support for his claim. Solar Wind, admit that your claim was false.

I have now and I see the flurry of alarmist slurs coming out demeaning the content. I see you have changed your name too and they are still playing their juvenile games. Can't stand the truth can they.

• Dirac

He wants to be the next Ke$ha

• JimZ

I thought it was kind of cool how the site seemed to change from Italian to English. I hadn't noticed that before on any other site. After reading it, it seemed like I might have wrote much of it.

<<<Most recent climate warming observed since 1850 followed the Little Ice Age – the coldest period of the last 10,000 years. “Since then, solar activity, following its [previous cooling influence] millennial cycle, has increased by heating the Earth’s surface.”>>>

10K years is a long time. I doubt that it was the coldest in that period and I certainly wouldn't claim that. I think if you go back past 1500 years you can't definitively say if it was or wasn't. Still the main point behind that is probably true, the LIA was relatively cold.

I hate it when alarmists assume a greater knowledge than they have and I don't like statements like the one above that are too definitive. I would say it may have been or based on such and such it appears to be the coldest period. When I read something like that my BS antennae goes up and it isn't even necessary.

First thoughts...

Alarmism is excessive or exaggerated alarm about a real or imagined threat, such as the increases in deaths from an infectious disease. In the news media, alarmism can be a form of yellow journalism where reports sensationalize a story to exaggerate small risks.

The charge of alarmism can of course be used to discredit a legitimate warning, as when Churchill was widely dismissed as an alarmist in the 1930s. The same is true when lay people attack actual climate scientist.

As for "Principia Scientific International", it is an organization which promotes fringe views and material to claim that carbon dioxide is not a greenhouse gas. I wonder who funds them....

Greenhouse gases reflect heat radiation that the Earth emits, and stop it from being lost into space. This makes the Earth hotter than it would be without greenhouse gases. Ironically, without greenhouse gases, the earth would be on average 33 degrees Celsius colder and life as we know it would probably not be possible on Earth. We humans have increased CO2 levels from 280 ppm to 412 ppm and the earth is warming up as a result. It should be no surprise that 71% of Americans including a 52% of Republicans understand that climate change is happening.

Now lets have a look at those things they claim.

"Climate change is real and has been occurring with nature-driven cold and warm cycles for as long as the planet has existed." Very true, but that does not mean humans dumping CO2 in the atmosphere does influence the climate. Why would they ignore that?

"There should be no surprise that the Earth has been warming through natural causes since the last Little Ice Age ended around 1870. Actual temperature increases, however, are far less than predicted by theoretical climate models." Nonsense, most the warming we see today is a result of human emissions.

"There is no real evidence that anthropogenic (human-caused) CO2 emissions are a major or dangerous warming influence. They instead offer great benefits to agriculture, forestry, and photosynthesis that is the basis for life." Nonsense, we have know that CO2 is a greenhouse gas since the 1800's and even an uneducated skeptic would realize that CO2 is not the limiting factor in plant growth, if it were, fertilizer and water would have no effect.

"There is also no scientific evidence that increasing CO2 levels are causing more natural disasters. However, CO2-reduction measures do have devastating impacts on wildlife (e.g. wind turbines), land use (e.g. forest clearance), and vital energy systems." There is statistical evidence that warming is causing more natural disasters. Animals can continue to grace under wind turbines and windows, house cats and even coal plants kill more birds than wind turbines.

I am sure an actual scientist can improve upon this answer.

• $@!ar W!nd

Your delusional answer is nothing but generic hogwash that has been scripted and preached for years.
      The Sun, Galactic Cosmic ray flux, planetary orbital variances and Nature drives the Earth's climate.
      AGE is a hoax.

• Dirac

You mean the one signed 90 or so Italian scientists, most of them not in the climate field? The one where the most famous signatory, Antonino Zichichi, is not only a physicist of note but also part of the Sicilian Mafia?

Yes, I saw this when someone asked about it a month or two ago, but other than being in the Mafia, why should we believe them?

• Dirac

If I were a weak debater you wouldn’t block me.

Yes. And I ignored it.

All the signatures in the world cannae change the laws of physics.

• Eric3 months agoReport

Yes, too true. Getting cooler now with the solar minimum. Interesting to watch the next couple of decades.