I’m terrified that I have to cook for my mom. Any advice ?

17 Answers

Relevance
  • denise
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

Spanish omelette is a pretty basic recipe , with some salad & slaw, its quite tasty too.

• 3 months ago

Grilled cheese sandwich and tomato soup

• 3 months ago

It’s best to work together to create simple menus and shopping lists, her favorite foods. She may even have some specialty dishes to share with you, and it’ll be a good bonding experience.

• 3 months ago

Stick with what you know. If you are great with breakfast, make sausage or bacon, eggs and a side salad and call it brunch, or sub sliced tomatoes and keep it breakfast. Toast with either. If you need an evening meal, show some creativity. Bake chicken breasts at 325° for like 20 minutes and slice them about a half inch thick. Fan out four or five pieces and heat some Alfredo sauce to serve them on. Pop some baguette in the oven, and carve into 1" pieces and serve in a basket. Start with a salad (you can buy kits with all the veggies, cheese and dressing at most groceries). For the green veggie to go with the chicken, choose asparagus. You can buy it in a can and heat it in the microwave. Round the entre out with some rice (all kinds of simi-prepared rice is available, and some is heat and serve.

For desert, ladyfinger cookies and vanilla ice cream with cherry pie filling.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 3 months ago

A masterpiece per se, meaning in the denotation of the word rather than the connotation is a project where the apprentice shows he can work on his own and in fact become a master to another apprentice. There weren't many masterpieces through a life, each guy had one, what we think of now as, thesis. He then earned the right to teach undergrads 101 courses for discount credits.

If you trust that your mom taught you anything worth a darn, this is your masterpiece. Appreciate the gravity of it but revel in elevation. Marriage concerning headship involves the act of covering: "Co-ver-" "With rise."

• 3 months ago

Nothing scary about making sandwiches, or heating up from a can of soup.

• 3 months ago

Make her some eggs with toast

Lv 7
    3 months ago

Make spaghetti. You can buy the salad and garlic bread at a Walmart supercenter.

• 3 months ago

What are you going to cook for her? Or what does she like? Is this a one time thing or are you having to take care of her and cook for her long term? Some stuff is really easy.

• 3 months ago

I think that most mothers would just be happy that you are cooking for them at all (and don't forget to clean up after yourself - mothers are almost always impressed by that - because they usually get stuck with it and they notice). But you can still provide a nice meal with a bit of effort. Fear is the only enemy (and google is your friend).

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.