Loud clicking noise when turning?

I have a 2013 Jeep Patriot. I recently replaced both rear hub bearing assemblies. I noticed know there is a loud clicking noise coming from the rear driver side. But it only does it when I’m back up and turning the wheel. And I noticed the ABS and traction control lights are on the dash.

Is it your turn signal?

(Sorry - couldn't resist).

• John

I just bought a new Jeep Wrangler and so far no trouble with it. I had a wheel bearing problem with an old Buick Special in Oklahoma City and fixed it myself. I had to buy a new wheel bearing and cut the inner race off the old one. I bought a new wheel bearing and packed it with wheel bearing grease. Why aren't wheel bearings, sealed bearings? Planned obsolesce. Thank goodness the old Buick Special did not have ABS.

Get the ABS codes scanned with a mechanics scan tool. Who did the work? Sounds like they messed up a wheel speed sensor.

Source(s): Mitsubishi Master Tech
  • Ron

One of the abs sensors is out of place

CV or solid axle?

• Lôn

Has it got an universal joint?...if so that could be seized. I had that on an old Triumph Herald.