Loud clicking noise when turning?

I have a 2013 Jeep Patriot. I recently replaced both rear hub bearing assemblies. I noticed know there is a loud clicking noise coming from the rear driver side. But it only does it when I’m back up and turning the wheel. And I noticed the ABS and traction control lights are on the dash.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 months ago

Is it your turn signal?

(Sorry - couldn't resist).

• John
    Lv 4
    3 months ago

I just bought a new Jeep Wrangler and so far no trouble with it. I had a wheel bearing problem with an old Buick Special in Oklahoma City and fixed it myself. I had to buy a new wheel bearing and cut the inner race off the old one. I bought a new wheel bearing and packed it with wheel bearing grease. Why aren't wheel bearings, sealed bearings? Planned obsolesce. Thank goodness the old Buick Special did not have ABS.

• 3 months ago

Get the ABS codes scanned with a mechanics scan tool. Who did the work? Sounds like they messed up a wheel speed sensor.

Source(s): Mitsubishi Master Tech
  • Ron
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

One of the abs sensors is out of place

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 3 months ago

CV or solid axle?

• Lôn
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

Has it got an universal joint?...if so that could be seized. I had that on an old Triumph Herald.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.