which way do you turn a small nut to unscrew it?

Dude I tried this one before, and I had to go to the ER. Those boys do NOT want to turn!

Source(s): My shrivelled ballsack

Lefty-loose-y

Righty, tighty.

Counter clockwise. Unless you live in Australia or somewhere below the equator. I don't know what the hell they do on the orbiting space station..

99% and above will undo counterclockwise . this is known as a right hand thread. many use the phrase "righty Tighty and lefty Loosley " to easily recall which way to loosen or tighten standard nuts and bolts.

• F

Anti- clockwise unless it's a right handed thread.

• chorle

usually left or counterclockwise when you are facing where the nut comes off the bolt but if you can see the threads on the bolt you should be able to tell by looking at the threads that

Usually to the Left, CCW.

If it seems overly tight, might be a LH nut. Like I ran across on a fan and on some bicycle cranks. In which case, R , or CW to loosen.

Counterclockwise.

dont americans turn their schit left to loosen it?

Source(s): nothing
  • Dze

Most of the time counterclockwise ..