Can you use safely "ProTech Guns" gun oil and gun cleaning spray to clean and maintain a 1095 carbon steel katana? any advice?

I have a 1095 carbon steel katana and was wondering if I should order a katana cleaning kit from online (ebay,aliexpress...) or would it be safe to use a local ArmyShop s "ProTech Guns" cleaning spray & oil. I do have a few words engraved on the blade of my katana so I was wondering is there any diference? or is it good to use on katana and guns.Any advice?

Update:

update 1. also forgot to ask if its ok to use cloth for cleaning monitors,displays,glasses to clean the sword? I think I've read it has to be a quite soft cloth so it wouldn't leave scratch marks?

Attachment image

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Imp
    Lv 4
    6 months ago

You should use materials made for katanas gun oil is for the moving parts!

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

What does the manufacturer of the product say? Look on the can or look it up.

Usually something that cleans metal i not good on plastics.

• 6 months ago

*rolls eyes* You mean is there going to be an explosion or something? You said "safely".

Gun oil and cleaning spray are not going to be a problem with anything made of steel.

The safety aspect is more to do with you hitting yourself in the head with a lump of steel when you pretend to be Bruce Lee in front of the bedroom mirror.

• ...Show all comments
    • for example the shop clerk i got the "cleaning spray" from said that usually that spray would cause problems if it came in contact with wooden parts of gun/rifle as it would make them turn to black color.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.