Can you use safely "ProTech Guns" gun oil and gun cleaning spray to clean and maintain a 1095 carbon steel katana? any advice?

I have a 1095 carbon steel katana and was wondering if I should order a katana cleaning kit from online (ebay,aliexpress...) or would it be safe to use a local ArmyShop s "ProTech Guns" cleaning spray & oil. I do have a few words engraved on the blade of my katana so I was wondering is there any diference? or is it good to use on katana and guns.Any advice?

update 1. also forgot to ask if its ok to use cloth for cleaning monitors,displays,glasses to clean the sword? I think I've read it has to be a quite soft cloth so it wouldn't leave scratch marks?

• Imp

You should use materials made for katanas gun oil is for the moving parts!

What does the manufacturer of the product say? Look on the can or look it up.

Usually something that cleans metal i not good on plastics.

*rolls eyes* You mean is there going to be an explosion or something? You said "safely".

Gun oil and cleaning spray are not going to be a problem with anything made of steel.

The safety aspect is more to do with you hitting yourself in the head with a lump of steel when you pretend to be Bruce Lee in front of the bedroom mirror.

• for example the shop clerk i got the "cleaning spray" from said that usually that spray would cause problems if it came in contact with wooden parts of gun/rifle as it would make them turn to black color.