My brother blames ME for our abusive and alcoholic mother?

My mother has a long history of substance abuse and criminal child abuse (mainly against me) that began once I became a teenager. My brother has always blamed me for her abuse toward me, saying things like “if you didn’t upset her, she wouldn’t have punched/kicked/slapped you.” I am now an adult and he still does... show more My mother has a long history of substance abuse and criminal child abuse (mainly against me) that began once I became a teenager. My brother has always blamed me for her abuse toward me, saying things like “if you didn’t upset her, she wouldn’t have punched/kicked/slapped you.”

I am now an adult and he still does this, and even blamed me for her leaving our home (the abuse became so bad that my father put a restraining order in place, so she was forced to leave the home when I was still a teenager).

I love my brother and I would like to have relationship with him, but my self esteem plummets every time he says these things to me. How can I go forward in having a healthy relationship with him?